Annual Campaign Planning
"A goal without a plan is just a wish."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Giving to K12 education had the highest growth of any sector in 2016 by 7.5% according to the Blackbaud Annual Charitable Giving Report! And did you know that December is the largest giving month of the year? That makes the summer the perfect time to begin planning for a fall annual campaign!
Here are some things to consider as you begin to plan your campaign:
- Do you have leadership roles, funding goals, levels of giving determined?
- Do your board members understand their fundraising responsibilities?
- Do you have a process for identifying prospective donors in place?
- Do you have your campaign marketing collateral designed?
- Do you plan to conduct making the ask training for board members?
- Have you equipped your board members with talking points they can share with the community and share more about the foundation with prospective donors and community members?
- Are you set up to receive online donations? (Blackbaud tells us that K12 education online giving grew by 10% last year!)
- Are you set up to accept mobile donations? (Blackbaud also tells us that being mobile friendly is no longer optional for nonprofits)
- Have you discussed and communicated donor stewardship strategies?